Thursday, September 13, 2007

Archer and Arrow



This is a detail of one of the sculptures I’m working on at the moment. I call it “Archer and Arrow”.
There is so much to learn from archery; the gentle ballance between tension and ease with which you aim and let go. It’s about total focus of mind in a liquid, sensitive body.

The sculptures I’m working at are about 50x50 cm or 40x20 cm in size. I intended for them that you can touch them, lift them up and have a good look at them from what ever angle you choose. They are made in papier mâché. The material I’m working with is perfect to make a human form.
The lightness and vastness of the material gives the feel of energy captured in a body; as in making love, you are so aware of your body and at other times you seem to be nothing but energy.

1 comment:

Kreativlink said...

Looks great! I'd like to see the whole thing! :)