Sunday, June 1, 2008

ACEO's

A few months ago I  saw my first ACEO’s on the Etsy website, and directly fell in love with the whole concept.

An AECO is an ArtCard, which can be sold and purchased. Its only restriction is its size, which must be 2,5x3,5 inch / 64x89 mm, medium and content are totally up to the artist.

ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals.



What I love about ACEO’s first of all is that you’re able to make a little work of art, which can be prized so it is not that expensive to purchase. So more people can enjoy having an Original piece of art in their homes.

Secondly, is the possibility to start a collection of something which will be unique each time you find a new coveted example.

Third the freedom in how to collect and/or expose your ACEO’s: You can collect them in albums, show them in a frame on your wall, what ever you like best.

 

ACEO’s provide a lot of freedom for creators and collectors.

If you want to have an update on my own creations, please feel free to vist my Etsy shop:

 http://karensanders.etsy.com  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them too and yours are more than superb!

StaroftheEast said...

Yours are beautiful and yes Etsy was for me the place to find out about ACEO's and such :)

Heli said...

Your aceo's are so pretty! Etsy is a great place to learn many things :)

Greet said...

Karen, I like your aceos very much, go on creating them, they are great!

X by Leina Neima said...

They look sweet!

ixela said...

Lovely collection... great design and nice colors!!!